Friday, May 3, 2013

Pun With Trailers: April 26 to May 3 2013

This week, Anthony Hopkins does a dance, Wolverine fights samurai robots and the President loses a rocket launcher!

 
RED 2 Trailer 2: Okay. Now you can count me in. I liked the first movie and, while the first trailer wasn't all that great, this looks pretty cool. I like how it's actually looks like there might be more humor than the already fairly funny first movie and it's nice to see what looks like Bruce Willis actually trying. That said though, Louise-Parker still looks like the weak link in the trailer, but the new editions, especially Hopkins, looks like they'll add a lot of fun to the movie. RED 2 is released on July 19, 2013.
 
 
Fast and Furious 6 Trailer 3: So, somehow, even though there is mostly footage from other trailers here, this trailer isn't nearly as good as the other ones. Sure, I'll admit that on some level I an hugely interesting in watching a game of real-life bumper cars for a couple hours, but I've never really cared for the Fast and Furious series and this trailer isn't convincing me that I should be interested. If people say I should really see it, then I may, but this trailer isn't the best case for the movie. Fast and Furious 6 is released on May 26, 2013.
 
 
Pacific Rim Wondercon Trailer: New favorite summer movie? Check. I mean, what else is there to say about a trailer in which a giant robot smashes a giant monster in the head with a cargo ship. The trailer looks absolutely amazing, with some great special effect, a great speech by... someone? I could tell who in the cast it was. Just the tagline is great. "Go Big or Go Extinct". What do you say to that? Nothing. You just give Del Toro money and see the movie. Twice probably. Pacific Rim is released on July 12, 2013.
 
 
The Wolverine Cinemacon Trailer: A pretty short one here. It's basically just a punch of action footage without any context, so I can't imagine what people thought of this before the main trailer was released. But overall, not a bad trailer. Looks like some cool stuff in it, including the above picture of Wolverine fighting a giant robotic samurai, which is what we should be seeing more of in Wolverine's films. Pretty decent. The Wolverine is released on July 26, 2013.
 
 
White House Down Trailer 2: This movie may now be on my radar. This trailer shows off way more of a sense of humor than the last one, plus the fact that it's really a buddy cop movie between Tatum's not-yet secret service agent and Foxx's President. Actually looks like a good time and there doesn't seem to be any snow storms or aliens or apocalypses that Emmerich usually adds into his often lame films. Could be cool, but I still don't like Emmerich so... White House Down is released on June 28, 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment