In this weekly series, I'll name my Cinema Wins (My favorite bits of movie news from the previous week) and Cinema Sins (My least favorite bits of movie news from the previous week).
- Dark Knight-Fever offically begins this week as a new viral campain is started: http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/ The link show a picture of Tom Hardy as villain Bane. So far at least the photo looks great. A win because, well, it's Batman.
- Collider.com got a look at the finished X-Men: First Class and gave some very positive thoughts about the movie: http://collider.com/x-men-first-class-review/92032/ Everything from the cast, the action, the story to even the sets was praised. A win because, after two lackluster films, the X-Men series may finally be getting back on track.
- I know this has nothing to do with film, but DAMN The Mentalist finale was good!
- Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides sadly has been getting pretty negative reviews. While many were apprehensive about the 4th movie, like I was,we were still hopeful that would not be the case. While I have yet to see the movie, I was really looking forward to this one.
- Ubisoft has plans to make 3-D movies off of three of their most popular series: Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and Assassin's Creed. Now, while the problem with video game movies is that the games chosen tipically don't really have a story that lend itself well to film (See: Street Fighter, Doom, Resident Evil), Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell may prove to be fine, though Ghost Recon probably won't. A sin, though, because their still 3-D video game movies. And we all know how well those turn out.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, in light of his child scandal, has indefinately put his current project on hold. Action movie Cry Macho (Still an awful title), a new Terminator movie and animated show The Governator, have all been put on hold as of now. A sin because all of these projects all had the potental to be good and to potentally lose them because of this scandal would be a shame. Of course I may just feel that way because Schwarzenegger has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.
See you next week.