I'm back after a nice Memorial Day weekend with this week's Cinema Wins and Cinema Sins, starting with,
- X-Men: First Class is getting even more good reviews and, while the week is early, is currently holding a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- After seeing Kung Fu Panda 2 I can happily say that, yes, it is better than the original, being bigger, riskier and better that the first one, something most sequels can seem to handle.
- As I talked about earlier in the week, The Muppets trailer actually looks fantastic and as a fan of The Muppets, this makes me very happy.
- Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, writers of consistantly horrifically bad spoof movies like Date Movie and Meet the Spartans, announced their next nightmare will be The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D which will be a spoof of Avatar. I'm calling it right now, this movie will have a Rotten Tomatoes rating of... 4%.
- In the catagory of Sequels Nobody Wanted, Warner Brothers announced that Yogi Bear 2 is in the works. Because one desecration of a beloved character just wasn't enough.
- In the catagory of Remakes That Screw With the Original, the Total Recall remake is offically happenning. Except that the remake won't take place on Mars. Isn't that like remaking Harry Potter without Hogwarts?