Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mini-Review Madness

Over the holiday weekend I saw a good amount of movies. And because I'm lazy instead of reviewing each one sepreately I decided to group them all together, starting with...

KUNG FU PANDA 2
With what I knew of this sequel, going into theaters I wasn't very excited. The trailers looked like the film didn't have much going on and what it did have was a rehash of the first one. However I was happily proven wrong as the sequel did everything a sequel should do. It was bigger, riskier and, above all, better than the first. Overall, one of the must see films of the summer. 6 out of 6.

PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME
Finally. We have a good video game movie. The action is great. The cast is great The effects are great. The problem is the rest of the movie is very generic. It's all been done better by something else. Even the action gets boring toward the end. This is always going to be a problem with video game movies. Games "borrow" so much from movies and other games that when they make a movie about it it just ends up "borrowing" from other movies. 3.5 out of 6

SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET
Sweeney Todd is an odd movie. That's probably because Director Tim Burton likes to make odd movies. How much you like the movie is entirely going to depend on how much you like Tim Burton. I myself have alway been on the fence, but I think if I were to fall somewhere it would be "Not a Fan". I've never really thought any of his movies were worth more than a "meh" and Sweeney Todd is no exception. The music and scenery are nice, but everything else is just not that interesting save one of the best musical moment I've ever seen with Epiphany. 3.5 out of 6

That's all for now. See you later.

1 comment:

  1. Tim Burton is…Tim Burton. His movies are memorable because of 1 reason and one reason only: they creep me out. Seeing his movies makes me think he’s a really weird, creepy dude, like Edgar Allen Poe weird. What is the real Tim Burton? Hopefully I will never know…

    ReplyDelete