- My all time favorite movie monster has to be King Kong. All three of his movies (1933, 1976, 2005) are very good. And now it's been announced that Kong will return in a new animated movie. This new film will put a new twist on the series, though, as it will be told from Kong's perspective.
- Damon Lindelof, co-creator of Lost, has sign a deal with Disney to create an new film, titled 1952. It's been said that the new film has "multiple platform aspriartions" which could mean either video games, comic books or even a TV series based on this film might be possible. Like all Hollywood films now, the project is being kept a secret. All we know is the title, however it is believed that the movie will have ties to Lost or may pay tribute to the sci-fi films of the 50s. A win because it just sound cool and Lindelof is a proven writer.
- John C. Reilly, Jane Lynch, Sarah Silverman and Jack McBrayer are attached to the new animated children's movie Wreak It Ralph. Reilly stars as a villian from an old arcade game that accidently releases an arcade-destroying super-villian after he sneaks into a first-person shooter game to prove he's really a hero. McBrayer starts as Reilly's nemesis, Lynch will play a character from the FPS game and Silverman play a video game "glitch". A win, because, while the title is bad, the movie itself sounds fun.
- Also, quickly, today Indiana Jones turn 30. Happy Birthday, Indy. I got you a pet snake. That's not a problem, is it?
- Hollywood got a little carried away with sequels/reboots/remakes this week. Among the new sequels are: Salt 2, Tron 3, Terminator 5 and G.I. Joe 2. Among the re-whatevers are: Adaptations of the games Risk and Asteroids, a movie based on a View-Master toy, a Daredevil reboot, a reboot of last year's The Wolfman titled Werewolf and a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Now while I don't mind a new Tron or TMNT, all of the other ideas (mainly G.I. Joe 2, the View-Master movie and Terminator 5) sound lame or just unnessecary.
See you later!