Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Big Miracle" Review (Kinda)

    Okay, I'm gonna be complete honest. Sometimes reviewing EVERY film that I have seen that was released in 2012 is a major pain in the ass. Right now I have seen about 32 with two more on the way from Netflix. On top of that, I still have three X-Men movies left and a essay due next Wednesday for school.
    With all that having to get done, finding the time to write a review of the forgettable family-flick from earlier this year called Big Miracle (Yes, the "Whale" movie) is very difficult, especially seeing as how it's been over a week since I saw it and I can hardly remember that much about it. So in the interest of saving time but sticking to my "Every Film" rule, here's a quick little review.

    I'm not impressed. Sure, kids will like it and the message is nice, but... that's about it. John Krasinski is the best part of the movie as he is both fun and likable. The normal likable Drew Barrymore play an environmentalist that is so into "Nothing but the whales" that she is always a little more annoying than she is interesting. The rest of the cast is fine, but the movie is so pointless and contrived that is sinks even for a true story about whales. Big Miracle gets 2 and a half stars out of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment