- Director Robert Rodriguez annouced several of the new project he wants to begin working on. First up are two sequels to Machete. The first sequel, Machete Kills, will feature a trailer for the third film, Machete Kills Again... In Space! The film is said to feature "space babes and a lightsaper-like weapon" His other project is the long talked about Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For. Rodriguez has stated that the film could start filming as early as this year, with the film involving two new stories written by Frank Miller. He stated he also wants to remake both Fire and Ice and Heavy Metal.
- Relativity Media has picked up the rights to make the long-awaited Voltron movie. They have taken over for Atlas Entertainment (Get Smart). A win because it Voltron.
- After Kenneth Branagh was reveled not to be return as the director of Thor 2, many wonder who would take over the Asgardian-reigns. Now, we know that Brain Kirk will be Thor 2's director. Kirk previous claims to fame include directing episodes of Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones. It was also stated that the sequel may spend more time on Asgard than the first film. Thor 2 is set to be released on July, 26, 2013. In other Marvel news, both Doctor Strange and The Guardians of the Galaxy have been reveled as the next possible Marvel series.
- The world of DC Comics films have some news this week as well. The Man of Steel has added to it's cast Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, Diane Lane as Martha Kent and Laurence Fishburne as Perry White. Also, the first photo of Harvey Cavill as Superman as well as Anne Hathaway as Catwoman from The Dark Knight Rises were released on line this week.
- Reese Witherspoon has signed on to star in Walt Disney Pictures's Wish List. Witherspoon will play a woman who, when she was ten, tossed a coin into a fountain and made ten wishes, that now, after 15 years, are starting to come true all at once. A sin, because the writer Randy Mayem Singer's other film, is Tooth Fairy.
- The cast of The Expendables 2 has expanded this past week as both Chuck Norris and John Travolta may be staring in the sequel, which is being released on August 17, 2012. A sin, because, well, The Expendables just wasn't very good.
- Director Tim Hill is in talks to direct to new movies. The first is a remake of Short Circuit. While Short Circuit is not a bad film, Tim Hill is a bad director, placing the remake in the Sins catagory. Hill's other film is going to be the epic adaptation of children's book masterpiece, Walter the Farting Dog. With a title like that, you just can't go right!