Saturday, October 8, 2011

2011-2012 TV Season: Week 3

Now, I know my blog has sorta been skimping out on the whole Cinema part of Cinema Won. This stems from two problems I have been facing. The first is that my workload for school has been slowly getting bigger over the last few weeks. Second is the fact that I put myself in the difficult position of having to do multiple posts about TV instead of movies. Now, I've hopefully fixed problem number two by, instead of three separate posts a week, I'll be putting everything TV related I have to talk about in one big end of the week post. This is one of those posts.

Scores: (Here I will say what out of six I will give the past weeks episode)
Pan Am- "We'll Always Have Paris"- 4 out of 6
Castle- "Head Case"- 4 out of 6
Warehouse 13- "Emily Lake/Stand"- 6 out of 6
Glee- "Asian F"- 4 out of 6
New Girl- "Wedding"- 6 out of 6
Raising Hope- "Kidnapped"- 4 out of 6
Raising Hope- "Henderson Nevada-Adjacent Baby! Henderson Nevada-Adjacent"- 6 out of 6
Community- "Competitive Ecology"- 5 out of 6
The Big Bang Theory- "The Wiggly Finger Catalyst"- 5 out of 6
Person of Interest- "Mission Creep"- 4 out of 6
The Mentalist- "Pretty Red Balloon"- 5 out of 6
Supernatural- "The Girl Next Door"- 5 out of 6

Best Moments: (Here I will list my favorite moments of the week. Also SPOILER ALERT!)

- I know they'll undo it quickly next season, but Warehouse 13 killing Mrs. Fredrick and destroying the warehouse is still a great ending.

- Mike Chang singing "Cool" was easily one of Glee's best musical numbers.

- The chicken-dance and the photobooth on New Girl.

- Burt and Jimmy trying to raise cash while in Las Vegas was hysterical.

- Dean's shocking killing at the end of this weeks new episode.

Worst Moments: (Spoiler Alert)

- Mr. Shue going R. Lee Ermey on Mercedes this week was way too out of character.

- Hey, wasn't there a baby on Raising Hope?

- Supernatural last week set up an episode about Sam and Dean in a hospital filled with monsters, and then just set it aside three minutes into this week's episode. That was weak.

Television News: (here I will talk about a few new stories from the past week)

- The first casualties of the season were announced this week as The Playboy Club, Free Agents and H8R were all cancelled due to low ratings. None of these shows are a loss though.

- How to Be a Gentleman got the kiss of death as it was moved to Saturdays. I can say I sorry to see this one go either.

- Arrested Development fans rejoice as it was reveled this week that plan were in the works to revive to series for a short ten-episode run, followed by a feature-film. However, this has not yet been confirmed.

- After several long disputes over the cast's pay this week, The Simpsons was able to stop a "near-cancellation" (like that would have happened). The series has been renewed for two more seasons.

What to Watch: (Here I will say my most-anticipated show for the next week)
- Psych returns Wendesday
- The Walking Dead returns Sunday

See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment