My vacation is over and I back with this super-sized CWCS that will cover the past 3 weeks I've missed.
- Ed Harris and Matthew Fox will join Brad Pitt in the big zombie movie ever, World War Z. Z, which is being made on a budget of $125 Million is based off of the Max Brooks novel of the same name. The film (and novel) follow the same story every single zombie story follows: a group of survivors try to survive the zombie outbreak. But this has a lot of big name stars and and big budget. And as we all now, big budget movies are always good. Right?
- As any fan of Mad Magazine know, one of the best parts of the magazine is Spy Vs Spy. And as any fan of film knows, Ron Howard is a pretty good director. So when it was annouced that Ron Howard may be directing a Spy Vs Spy movie, things looked pretty cool. If Howard plays his cards right this could be great. Or it could be The Dilemma. And nobody want another Dilemma.
- While doing interviews for Larry Crowne Tom Hanks may have let slip that Pixar is working on Toy Story 4. This is a boarderline good/bad idea because, while all of the Toy Story movies have been good, Toy Story 3 wrapped everything up pretty well. So, is Pixar working on Toy Story 4? If they are, will it be good? Will Tom Hanks every stop being awesome? Only time will tell.
- 2013 is set to be a big year for film. So big in fact that, while it is one of my Cinema Wins, I can't fit it all in this article, so tomarrow look for my list of what's coming out in 2013.
- Studios lately have been very interested in giving movies dark and gritty feels. The Batman series, Spider-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are just a few of the movies getting this treatment. So, what movie is getting a dark and gritty adaptation next, you may ask. Why, Hot Wheels of course! Do I even need to explain why a dark and gritty Hot Wheels movie is a sin.
- Jim Grant's british novel series about a former U.S. Army Military Police Major named Jack Reacher is being adapted for a new film called One Shot. Tom Cruise is set to satr as Reacher. so why is this a sin you may ask. Well, because Reacher is said to be a giant at 6 foot 5. And Tom Cruise is 5 foot 7. It's funny because Tom Cruise is short.
- Let me tell you a liitle story. A few years back Disney made an odd decision to make a movie based off of one of their rides. Many people said that this movie will be a failure. Now, what movie came out of Disney's odd idea? Why a little film called Pirates of the Carribean. Ever since Disney has tried (and failed) to recapture the success that the Pirates series was. They tried to make sequels. They tired making Prince of Persia. The closest they ever got was reviving Tron for Tron: Legacy. But, know Disney thinks they've got the new success. A movie based on their Matterhorn ride. Because that's not despreate at all.
- Adaptation of children's show hardly ever go over well with anyone but kids. But that's not gonna stop studios from trying. Now Ben 10 will step into the ring and try to be appealing to both kids and adults. Now of all of the children's shows out there, Ben 10 has a pretty good shot at being, well, good. I mean, it's about a kid that is 10 superheroes in one. That's pretty kick-ass. But, then again it's Cartoon Network, so...
See you later
P.S. Happy Fourth of July!