I'm going to do things a little differently this week. Today's CWCS will focus on the good and the bad trailers that were released this past week. So, let's kick things off with...
- 2009's Sherlock Holmes was one of my favorite films of the years. RDJ and Jude Law made the movie, even if the actual case they were on was lacking. So, I was excited when during HP 7.5 thw trailer for the sequel, the ackwardly titled Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was shown. The film follows Holmes and Watson as the take on the greatest foe, Professor Moriarty. The film will be released this Christmas.
- Disney has been searching for a new hit franchise ever since Pirates of the Carribean started to get stale. (You know, after the first movie ended) and now they may have finally gotten their hit. John Carter is based of of the book series John Carter of Mars by Edagar Rice Burroughs which follows John Carter, a former military captain, who unexpectedly finds himself on the planet Mars. He then gets stuck in the middle of a conflict between the planet's inhabitants. The film stars Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins and Willem Dafoe. It will be released on March 9th of next year.
- The best trailer, however is, by far, the trailer for the third and final film in Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The trailer, with showed up bootlegged last week, show new footage of Gary Oldman's Gordon on what looks to be life support, telling most likely Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne that Batman must return. Wayne says Batman no longer exists and then there are two quick clips of Tom Hardy's Bane. The film also stars Anne Hathaway and James Gordon-Levitt, though they are not in the trailer. The film is being released next July.
- Martin Scorsese is no doubt a great director. So, why does his latest filmlook so boring and cliched. Hugo follows Asa Butterfield's Hugo Cabret as he team up with Chloe Moretz to find his missing Jude Law. I'm mean father played by Jude Law. The film also stars Sasha Baron Cohen and Ben Kingsley. Now, the film could surprise me, but for now it just looks lame. Hugo comes out on November 23 of this year.
- When ever a good actor dresses in drag and then takes it seriously, that almost always never works, *coughTylerPerrycough*. So, who the next actor to put on a dress in an unironic way. Why, Adam Sandler of course. In his latest film, Jack and Jill, Sandler plays an ad exec and his own sister. The painfully unfunny trailer also star Katie Holmes and Al Pacino. Look to avoid Jack and Jill on November 11th.
See you later
P.S. All of these trailer can be viewed on the awesome website, Trailer Addict.